Subject: [RFC net-next 00/15] add basic PSP encryption for TCP connections

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 20:04:20 -0700

Hi!

Add support for PSP encryption of TCP connections.

PSP is a protocol out of Google:
https://github.com/google/psp/blob/main/doc/PSP_Arch_Spec.pdf
which shares some similarities with IPsec. I added some more info
in the first patch so I'll keep it short here.

The protocol can work in multiple modes including tunneling.
But I'm mostly interested in using it as TLS replacement because
of its superior offload characteristics. So this patch does three
things:

 - it adds "core" PSP code
   PSP is offload-centric, and requires some additional care and
   feeding, so first chunk of the code exposes device info.
   This part can be reused by PSP implementations in xfrm, tunneling etc.

 - TCP integration TLS style
   Reuse some of the existing concepts from TLS offload, such as
   attaching crypto state to a socket, marking skbs as "decrypted",
   egress validation. PSP does not prescribe key exchange protocols.
   To use PSP as a more efficient TLS offload we intend to perform
   a TLS handshake ("inline" in the same TCP connection) and negotiate
   switching to PSP based on capabilities of both endpoints.
   This is also why I'm not including a software implementation.
   Nobody would use it in production, software TLS is faster,
   it has larger crypto records.

 - mlx5 implementation
   That's mostly other people's work, not 100% sure those folks
   consider it ready hence the RFC in the title. But it works :)

Not posted, queued a branch [1] are follow up pieces:
 - standard stats
 - netdevsim implementation and tests

[1] https://github.com/kuba-moo/linux/tree/psp

Jakub Kicinski (8):
  psp: add documentation
  psp: base PSP device support
  net: modify core data structures for PSP datapath support
  tcp: add datapath logic for PSP with inline key exchange
  psp: add op for rotation of secret state
  net: psp: add socket security association code
  net: psp: update the TCP MSS to reflect PSP packet overhead
  psp: track generations of secret state

Raed Salem (7):
  net/mlx5e: Support PSP offload functionality
  net/mlx5e: Implement PSP operations .assoc_add and .assoc_del
  net/mlx5e: Implement PSP Tx data path
  net/mlx5e: Add PSP steering in local NIC RX
  net/mlx5e: Configure PSP Rx flow steering rules
  net/mlx5e: Add Rx data path offload
  net/mlx5e: Implement PSP key_rotate operation

 Documentation/netlink/specs/psp.yaml          | 186 +++++
 Documentation/networking/index.rst            |   1 +
 Documentation/networking/psp.rst              | 138 ++++
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/Kconfig   |  11 +
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/Makefile  |   5 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h  |   7 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/fs.h   |   2 +-
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/params.c   |   4 +-
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/en_accel.h    |  50 +-
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/ipsec_rxtx.h  |   2 +-
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp.c        | 209 +++++
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp.h        |  55 ++
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_fs.c     | 737 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_fs.h     |  30 +
 .../mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_offload.c         |  52 ++
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_rxtx.c   | 304 ++++++++
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_rxtx.h   | 124 +++
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c |   9 +
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_rx.c   |  10 +
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_tx.c   |  10 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/fw.c  |   6 +
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/lib/crypto.h  |   1 +
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/lib/psp_defs.h         |  28 +
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/main.c    |   5 +
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/nisp.c    |  24 +
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/nisp.h    |  15 +
 include/linux/mlx5/device.h                   |   4 +
 include/linux/mlx5/driver.h                   |   2 +
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc.h                 |  98 ++-
 include/linux/netdevice.h                     |   4 +
 include/linux/skbuff.h                        |   3 +
 include/linux/tcp.h                           |   3 +
 include/net/dropreason-core.h                 |   6 +
 include/net/psp.h                             |  12 +
 include/net/psp/functions.h                   | 150 ++++
 include/net/psp/types.h                       | 182 +++++
 include/net/sock.h                            |   4 +
 include/uapi/linux/psp.h                      |  66 ++
 net/Kconfig                                   |   1 +
 net/Makefile                                  |   1 +
 net/core/gro.c                                |   2 +
 net/core/skbuff.c                             |   4 +
 net/core/sock.c                               |   2 +
 net/ipv4/inet_connection_sock.c               |   2 +
 net/ipv4/tcp.c                                |   2 +
 net/ipv4/tcp_ipv4.c                           |  13 +-
 net/ipv4/tcp_minisocks.c                      |  21 +-
 net/ipv4/tcp_output.c                         |  16 +-
 net/ipv6/ipv6_sockglue.c                      |   6 +-
 net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c                           |  22 +-
 net/mptcp/protocol.c                          |   2 +
 net/psp/Kconfig                               |  15 +
 net/psp/Makefile                              |   5 +
 net/psp/psp-nl-gen.c                          | 119 +++
 net/psp/psp-nl-gen.h                          |  39 +
 net/psp/psp.h                                 |  54 ++
 net/psp/psp_main.c                            | 144 ++++
 net/psp/psp_nl.c                              | 517 ++++++++++++
 net/psp/psp_sock.c                            | 276 +++++++
 tools/net/ynl/Makefile.deps                   |   1 +
 60 files changed, 3791 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/netlink/specs/psp.yaml
 create mode 100644 Documentation/networking/psp.rst
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_fs.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_fs.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_offload.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_rxtx.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_accel/nisp_rxtx.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/lib/psp_defs.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/nisp.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/nisp.h
 create mode 100644 include/net/psp.h
 create mode 100644 include/net/psp/functions.h
 create mode 100644 include/net/psp/types.h
 create mode 100644 include/uapi/linux/psp.h
 create mode 100644 net/psp/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 net/psp/Makefile
 create mode 100644 net/psp/psp-nl-gen.c
 create mode 100644 net/psp/psp-nl-gen.h
 create mode 100644 net/psp/psp.h
 create mode 100644 net/psp/psp_main.c
 create mode 100644 net/psp/psp_nl.c
 create mode 100644 net/psp/psp_sock.c

-- 
2.45.0