Subject: Re: [PATCH] dt-bindings: mfd: syscon: Add more simple compatibles

From: Miquel Raynal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 09:55:04 +0200

Hi Rob,

[email-masked] wrote on Fri, 10 May 2024 07:30:14 -0500:

> Add another batch of various "simple" syscon compatibles which were
> undocumented or still documented with old text bindings. Remove the old
> text binding docs for the ones which were documented.

...

>  .../devicetree/bindings/mtd/atmel-nand.txt    |  9 ------

I don't know how useful are these compatibles, but if I take the case
of atmel,sama5d3-nfc-io, it is only described in this file, while
several DTSI reference it. After this change they will no longer be
referenced at all but still in use. Is this intended? Shall these
compatibles be totally dropped from the device trees as well?

$ git grep -c atmel,sama5d3-nfc-io arch/
arch/arm/boot/dts/microchip/sama5d2.dtsi:1
arch/arm/boot/dts/microchip/sama5d3.dtsi:1
arch/arm/boot/dts/microchip/sama5d4.dtsi:1
arch/arm/boot/dts/microchip/sama7g5.dtsi:1

Thanks,
Miquèl