Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/2] Mark Ethernet devices on sa8775p as DMA-coherent

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 09:05:40 -0700

On Tue, 14 May 2024 10:11:35 -0500 Andrew Halaney wrote:
> But ignoring that, let me know if there's a good way to know who really
> picks things up outside of experience contributing. It's Sagar's first
> submission upstream, etc, so I've been fielding some first time
> contribution questions and realized I didn't have a good answer to that
> other than troll through lkml or the git log and see who picked those up
> in the past!

I'm not sure how well define it is to be honest. MAINTAINERS is focused
a bit too much on CCing people rather than code flow. Which hurts us in
more than one way. I _think_ the right way to find the responsible tree
is to do an longest prefix match on the path in MAINTAINERS, looking
just at the entries which have a T: attribute. (Q: attribute for that
entry may also be useful.) In practice I myself usually look at:

	git log --format=committer -- $path

where:

[pretty]
	committer = %<(20)%cn %cs  %<(47,trunc)%s