Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: dsa: lan9303: imply SMSC_PHY

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 11:00:54 +0100

On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 02:26:03PM +0200, A. Sverdlin wrote:
> From: Alexander Sverdlin <[email-masked]>
> 
> Both LAN9303 and LAN9354 have internal PHYs on both external ports.
> Therefore a configuration without SMSC PHY support is non-practical at
> least and leads to:
> 
> LAN9303_MDIO 8000f00.mdio:00: Found LAN9303 rev. 1
> mdio_bus 8000f00.mdio:00: deferred probe pending: (reason unknown)
> 
> Signed-off-by: Alexander Sverdlin <[email-masked]>

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your patch.

As an enhancement - as opposed to a fix - this patch should be
targeted at the net-next kernel. And it's best to explicitly note that
in the subject.

	Subject: [PATCH net-next] ...

As it happens, net-next is currently closed for the v6.10 merge window.
Please consider reposting as a PATCH once net-next re-opens, after 27th May.

In the meantime, feel free to post new versions as you get feedback,
but please switch to posting as RFC during that time.

Link: https://docs.kernel.org/process/maintainer-netdev.html

-- 
pw-bot: defer