Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] Introduce fwctl subystem

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2024 08:41:25 -0700

On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 11:50:39 -0300 Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 04, 2024 at 03:32:16PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > On Tue, 4 Jun 2024 14:28:05 -0700 Saeed Mahameed wrote:  

> > > No, DOCA isn't on the agenda for this new interface. But what is the point
> > > in arguing?  
> > 
> > I'm not arguing any point, we argued enough. But you failed to disclose
> > that DOCA is very likely user of this interface. So whoever you're
> > planning to submit it to should know.  
> 
> This is getting ridiculous. Did you disclose in your PSP cover letter
> that all that work and new kernel uAPI is to support Meta's propritary
> user space, even to the point that NO open source implementation even
> exists yet? Let me check. Nope.

There is no Meta proprietary implementation. Some Meta folks who are on
the CC of the submission are working on extending Fizz, but it's not
ready. Fizz is here: https://github.com/facebookincubator/fizz