Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net: flow dissector: allow explicit passing of netns

From: Florian Westphal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 10:31:58 +0200

Years ago flow dissector gained ability to delegate flow dissection
to a bpf program, scoped per netns.

The netns is derived from skb->dev, and if that is not available, from
skb->sk.  If neither is set, we hit a (benign) WARN_ON_ONCE().

This WARN_ON_ONCE can be triggered from netfilter.
Known skb origins are nf_send_reset and ipv4 stack generated IGMP
messages.

Lets allow callers to pass the current netns explicitly and make
nf_tables use those instead.

This targets net-next instead of net because the WARN is benign and this
is not a regression.

Florian Westphal (2):
  net: add and use skb_get_hash_net
  net: add and use __skb_get_hash_symmetric_net

 include/linux/skbuff.h          | 20 +++++++++++++++++---
 net/core/flow_dissector.c       | 20 +++++++++++++-------
 net/netfilter/nf_tables_trace.c |  2 +-
 net/netfilter/nft_hash.c        |  3 ++-
 4 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

-- 
2.44.2