Subject: Re: [PATCH v10 00/38] ep93xx device tree conversion

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 11:08:08 -0700

On Tue, 18 Jun 2024 19:33:49 +0300 Nikita Shubin wrote:
> On Tue, 2024-06-18 at 07:33 -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Jun 2024 12:36:34 +0300 Nikita Shubin via B4 Relay wrote:  
> > > The goal is to recieve ACKs for all patches in series to merge it
> > > via Arnd branch.  
> > 
> > Why? The usual process is for every subsystem to accept the relevant
> > patches, and then they converge during the merge window.  
> 
> It was decided from the very beginning of these series, mostly because
> it's a full conversion of platform code to DT and it seemed not
> convenient to maintain compatibility with both platform and DT.
> 
> Generally i think it's too late to ask such a question, when just a few
> patches left.

Put the relevant information in the cover letter. Justification why you
can't follow normal merging rules is very relevant.