Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Documentation: update information for mailing lists

From: Konstantin Ryabitsev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 14:24:05 -0400

There have been some important changes to the mailing lists hosted at
kernel.org, most importantly that vger.kernel.org was migrated from
majordomo+zmailer to mlmmj and is now being served from the unified
mailing list platform called "subspace" [1].

This series updates many links pointing at obsolete locations, but also
makes the following changes:

- drops the recommendation to use /r/ subpaths in lore.kernel.org links
(it has been unnecessary for a number of years)
- adds some detail on how to reference specific Link trailers from
inside the commit message

Some of these changes are the result of discussions on the ksummit
mailing list [2].

Link: https://subspace.kernel.org # [1]
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/20240617-arboreal-industrious-hedgehog-5b84ae@meerkat/ # [2]
Signed-off-by: Konstantin Ryabitsev <[email-masked]>
---
Changes in v2:
- Minor wording changes to text and commit messages based on feedback.
- Link to v1: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

---
Konstantin Ryabitsev (2):
      Documentation: fix links to mailing list services
      Documentation: best practices for using Link trailers

 Documentation/process/2.Process.rst          |  8 ++++----
 Documentation/process/howto.rst              | 10 +++++-----
 Documentation/process/kernel-docs.rst        |  5 ++---
 Documentation/process/maintainer-netdev.rst  |  5 ++---
 Documentation/process/maintainer-tip.rst     | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++--------
 Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst | 15 +++++---------
 6 files changed, 40 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)
---
base-commit: 6ba59ff4227927d3a8530fc2973b80e94b54d58f
change-id: 20240618-docs-patch-msgid-link-6961045516e0

Best regards,
-- 
Konstantin Ryabitsev <[email-masked]>