Subject: Re: [PATCH v25 00/20] nvme-tcp receive offloads

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 12:43:01 -0700

On Wed, 26 Jun 2024 19:34:50 +0000 Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
> > I'm not sure we're on the same page. The ask is to run the tests on
> > the netdev testing branch, at 12h cadence, and generate a simple JSON
> > file with results we can ingest into our reporting. Extra points to
> > reporting it to KCIDB. You mention "framework that is focused on
> > netdev", IDK what you mean.  
> 
> just to clarify are you saying that you are want us to :-
> 
> 1. Pull the latest changes from netdev current development branch
>     every 12 hours.

Small but important difference - testing branch, not development branch.
There may be malicious code in that branch, since its not fully
reviewed.

> 2. Run blktests on the HEAD of that branch.

Or some subset of blktest, if the whole run takes too long.

> 3. Gather those results into JASON file.
> 4. Post it publicly accessible to you.

Yes.

> I didn't understand the "ingest into our reporting part", can you
> please clarify ?

You just need to publish the JSON files with results, periodically
(publish = expose somewhere we can fetch from over HTTP).
The ingestion part is on our end.