Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/5] net: introduce TX shaping H/W offload API

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 19:03:14 -0700

On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 22:17:17 +0200 Paolo Abeni wrote:
> The ice driver support is currently a WIP, sharing the current status
> earlier since some APIs details are still under discussion.

Let's stick to RFC until it's ready? Quoting documentation:

  netdevsim
  ~~~~~~~~~
  
  ``netdevsim`` is a test driver which can be used to exercise driver
  configuration APIs without requiring capable hardware.
  Mock-ups and tests based on ``netdevsim`` are strongly encouraged when
                   vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
  adding new APIs, but ``netdevsim`` in itself is **not** considered
  a use case/user. You must also implement the new APIs in a real driver.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/next/process/maintainer-netdev.html#netdevsim
-- 
pw-bot: rfc