Subject: [PATCH net-next v3 0/4] net: phy: aquantia: enable support for aqr115c

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2024 20:11:27 +0200

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>

This series addesses two issues with the aqr115c PHY on Qualcomm
sa8775p-ride-r3 board and adds support for this PHY to the aquantia driver.

While the manufacturer calls the 2.5G PHY mode OCSGMII, we reuse the existing
2500BASEX mode in the kernel to avoid extending the uAPI.

It took me a while to resend because I noticed an issue with the PHY coming
out of suspend with no possible interfaces listed and tracked it to the
GLOBAL_CFG registers for different modes returning 0. A workaround has been
added to the series. Unfortunately the HPG doesn't mention a proper way of
doing it or even mention any such issue at all.

Changes since v2:
- add a patch that addresses an issue with GLOBAL_CFG registers returning 0
- reuse aqr113c_config_init() for aqr115c
- improve commit messages, give more details on the 2500BASEX mode reuse
Link to v2: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/T/

Changes since v1:
- split out the PHY patches into their own series
- don't introduce new mode (OCSGMII) but use existing 2500BASEX instead
- split the wait-for-FW patch into two: one renaming and exporting the
  relevant function and the second using it before checking the FW ID
Link to v1: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/T/

Bartosz Golaszewski (4):
  net: phy: aquantia: rename and export aqr107_wait_reset_complete()
  net: phy: aquantia: wait for FW reset before checking the vendor ID
  net: phy: aquantia: wait for the GLOBAL_CFG to start returning real
    values
  net: phy: aquantia: add support for aqr115c

 drivers/net/phy/aquantia/aquantia.h          |  1 +
 drivers/net/phy/aquantia/aquantia_firmware.c |  4 ++
 drivers/net/phy/aquantia/aquantia_main.c     | 40 ++++++++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 41 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0