Subject: [GIT PULL] virtio: features, fixes, cleanups

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 05:30:34 -0400

This is relatively small.
I had to drop a buggy commit in the middle so some hashes
changed from what was in linux-next.
Deferred admin vq scalability fix to after rc2 as a minor issue was
found with it recently, but the infrastructure for it
is there now.

The following changes since commit e9d22f7a6655941fc8b2b942ed354ec780936b3e:

  Merge tag 'linux_kselftest-fixes-6.10-rc7' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shuah/linux-kselftest (2024-07-02 13:53:24 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git tags/for_linus

for you to fetch changes up to 6c85d6b653caeba2ef982925703cbb4f2b3b3163:

  virtio: rename virtio_find_vqs_info() to virtio_find_vqs() (2024-07-17 05:20:58 -0400)

----------------------------------------------------------------
virtio: features, fixes, cleanups

Several new features here:

- Virtio find vqs API has been reworked
  (required to fix the scalability issue we have with
   adminq, which I hope to merge later in the cycle)

- vDPA driver for Marvell OCTEON

- virtio fs performance improvement

- mlx5 migration speedups

Fixes, cleanups all over the place.

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Denis Arefev (1):
      net: missing check virtio

Dragos Tatulea (24):
      vdpa/mlx5: Clarify meaning thorough function rename
      vdpa/mlx5: Make setup/teardown_vq_resources() symmetrical
      vdpa/mlx5: Drop redundant code
      vdpa/mlx5: Drop redundant check in teardown_virtqueues()
      vdpa/mlx5: Iterate over active VQs during suspend/resume
      vdpa/mlx5: Remove duplicate suspend code
      vdpa/mlx5: Initialize and reset device with one queue pair
      vdpa/mlx5: Clear and reinitialize software VQ data on reset
      vdpa/mlx5: Rename init_mvqs
      vdpa/mlx5: Add support for modifying the virtio_version VQ field
      vdpa/mlx5: Add support for modifying the VQ features field
      vdpa/mlx5: Set an initial size on the VQ
      vdpa/mlx5: Start off rqt_size with max VQPs
      vdpa/mlx5: Set mkey modified flags on all VQs
      vdpa/mlx5: Allow creation of blank VQs
      vdpa/mlx5: Accept Init -> Ready VQ transition in resume_vq()
      vdpa/mlx5: Add error code for suspend/resume VQ
      vdpa/mlx5: Consolidate all VQ modify to Ready to use resume_vq()
      vdpa/mlx5: Forward error in suspend/resume device
      vdpa/mlx5: Use suspend/resume during VQP change
      vdpa/mlx5: Pre-create hardware VQs at vdpa .dev_add time
      vdpa/mlx5: Re-create HW VQs under certain conditions
      vdpa/mlx5: Don't reset VQs more than necessary
      vdpa/mlx5: Don't enable non-active VQs in .set_vq_ready()

Jeff Johnson (3):
      vringh: add MODULE_DESCRIPTION()
      virtio: add missing MODULE_DESCRIPTION() macros
      vDPA: add missing MODULE_DESCRIPTION() macros

Jiri Pirko (19):
      caif_virtio: use virtio_find_single_vq() for single virtqueue finding
      virtio: make virtio_find_vqs() call virtio_find_vqs_ctx()
      virtio: make virtio_find_single_vq() call virtio_find_vqs()
      virtio: introduce virtio_queue_info struct and find_vqs_info() config op
      virtio_pci: convert vp_*find_vqs() ops to find_vqs_info()
      virtio: convert find_vqs() op implementations to find_vqs_info()
      virtio: call virtio_find_vqs_info() from virtio_find_single_vq() directly
      virtio: remove the original find_vqs() op
      virtio: rename find_vqs_info() op to find_vqs()
      virtio_blk: convert to use virtio_find_vqs_info()
      virtio_console: convert to use virtio_find_vqs_info()
      virtio_crypto: convert to use virtio_find_vqs_info()
      virtio_net: convert to use virtio_find_vqs_info()
      scsi: virtio_scsi: convert to use virtio_find_vqs_info()
      virtiofs: convert to use virtio_find_vqs_info()
      virtio_balloon: convert to use virtio_find_vqs_info()
      virtio: convert the rest virtio_find_vqs() users to virtio_find_vqs_info()
      virtio: remove unused virtio_find_vqs() and virtio_find_vqs_ctx() helpers
      virtio: rename virtio_find_vqs_info() to virtio_find_vqs()

Michael S. Tsirkin (2):
      vhost/vsock: always initialize seqpacket_allow
      vhost: move smp_rmb() into vhost_get_avail_idx()

Peter-Jan Gootzen (2):
      virtio-fs: let -ENOMEM bubble up or burst gently
      virtio-fs: improved request latencies when Virtio queue is full

Srujana Challa (1):
      virtio: vdpa: vDPA driver for Marvell OCTEON DPU devices

Xuan Zhuo (1):
      virtio_ring: fix KMSAN error for premapped mode

Yunseong Kim (1):
      tools/virtio: creating pipe assertion in vringh_test

Zhu Lingshan (1):
      MAINTAINERS: Change lingshan's email to kernel.org

zhenwei pi (1):
      virtio_balloon: separate vm events into a function

 MAINTAINERS                                   |   7 +-
 arch/um/drivers/virt-pci.c                    |   8 +-
 arch/um/drivers/virtio_uml.c                  |  12 +-
 drivers/block/virtio_blk.c                    |  20 +-
 drivers/bluetooth/virtio_bt.c                 |  13 +-
 drivers/char/virtio_console.c                 |  43 +-
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_core.c    |  31 +-
 drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/virtio.c            |  11 +-
 drivers/gpio/gpio-virtio.c                    |  10 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/virtio/virtgpu_kms.c          |   9 +-
 drivers/iommu/virtio-iommu.c                  |  11 +-
 drivers/net/caif/caif_virtio.c                |   8 +-
 drivers/net/virtio_net.c                      |  34 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/virtual/mac80211_hwsim.c |  12 +-
 drivers/platform/mellanox/mlxbf-tmfifo.c      |  10 +-
 drivers/remoteproc/remoteproc_virtio.c        |  12 +-
 drivers/rpmsg/virtio_rpmsg_bus.c              |   8 +-
 drivers/s390/virtio/virtio_ccw.c              |  13 +-
 drivers/scsi/virtio_scsi.c                    |  32 +-
 drivers/vdpa/Kconfig                          |  11 +
 drivers/vdpa/Makefile                         |   1 +
 drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_main.c               |   1 +
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/mlx5_vnet.c             | 429 ++++++++-----
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/mlx5_vnet.h             |   1 +
 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/Makefile               |   4 +
 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/octep_vdpa.h           |  94 +++
 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/octep_vdpa_hw.c        | 517 ++++++++++++++++
 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/octep_vdpa_main.c      | 857 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa.c                           |   1 +
 drivers/vhost/vhost.c                         | 105 ++--
 drivers/vhost/vringh.c                        |   1 +
 drivers/vhost/vsock.c                         |   4 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio.c                       |   1 +
 drivers/virtio/virtio_balloon.c               |  75 ++-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_input.c                 |   9 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_mmio.c                  |  12 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_common.c            |  48 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_common.h            |   3 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_modern.c            |   5 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_ring.c                  |   5 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_vdpa.c                  |  13 +-
 fs/fuse/virtio_fs.c                           |  62 +-
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc_vdpa.h            |   2 +
 include/linux/virtio_config.h                 |  64 +-
 include/linux/virtio_net.h                    |  11 +
 net/vmw_vsock/virtio_transport.c              |  16 +-
 sound/virtio/virtio_card.c                    |  23 +-
 tools/virtio/vringh_test.c                    |   9 +-
 48 files changed, 2145 insertions(+), 543 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/octep_vdpa.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/octep_vdpa_hw.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/octep_vdpa_main.c