Subject: Re: [PATCH net] net: mctp: Consistent peer address handling in ioctl tag allocation

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 20:05:59 +0100

On Tue, Jul 30, 2024 at 11:40:31AM +0800, John Wang wrote:
> When executing ioctl to allocate tags, if the peer address is 0,
> mctp_alloc_local_tag now replaces it with 0xff. However, during tag
> dropping, this replacement is not performed, potentially causing the key
> not to be dropped as expected.
> 
> Signed-off-by: John Wang <[email-masked]>
> Change-Id: I9c75aa8aff4bc048dd3be563f7f50a6fb14dc028

Hi John,

This is not a full review, so I would recommend waiting for feedback
from others, but please:

1. Do not include the Change-Id as it is not obvious what public
   resource it references
2. As this is a fix targeted at net, please do include a Fixes tag,
   indicating the commit where this user-visible problem first
   manifested.

Also, as an aside, please wait 24h between posting updated patches.
Link: https://docs.kernel.org/process/maintainer-netdev.html

...