Subject: Re: [MAINTAINERS SUMMIT] Device Passthrough Considered Harmful?

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2024 11:23:44 -0300

On Tue, Jul 30, 2024 at 03:19:30PM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2024 at 11:58:50AM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Like continuous memory scrubbing and EDAC is not really fwctl since it
> > is part of the main mission of a memory device. However evaluating the
> > memory to measure current ECC error rate for data collection and
> > debugging would be appropriate for fwctl.
> 
> fwctl?
> 
> What's that? Something to do with "firmware"? If so, how does this thing have
> anything to do with RAS stuff?

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rdma/[email-masked]/
https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Jonathan is concerned that Dave exposed some of the scrubber FW RPCs
through fwctl.

> We have rasdaemon for that where all the RAS controlling and evaluation goes
> into.

Sure

Jaso