Subject: Re: [net-next v3 05/15] net: cavium/liquidio: Convert tasklet API to new bottom half workqueue mechanism

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 16:49:24 -0700

On Thu, 15 Aug 2024 09:45:43 -0700 Allen wrote:
> > Hm. Let me give you an example of what I was hoping to see for this
> > patch (in addition to your explanation of the API difference):
> >
> >  The conversion for oct_priv->droq_bh_work should be safe. While
> >  the work is per adapter, the callback (octeon_droq_bh()) walks all
> >  queues, and for each queue checks whether the oct->io_qmask.oq mask
> >  has a bit set. In case of spurious scheduling of the work - none of
> >  the bits should be set, making the callback a noop.  
> 
> Thank you. Really appreciate your patience and help.
> 
> Would you prefer a new series/or update this patch with this
> additional info and resend it.

Just thinking from the perspective of getting the conversions merged,
could you send out the drivers/net/ethernet conversions which don't
include use of enable_and_queue_work() first? Those should be quick 
to review and marge. And then separately if you could send the rest 
with updated commit messages for each case that would be splendid