Subject: [PATCH net-next v4 0/2] net: xilinx: axienet: Add statistics support

From: Sean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 13:53:40 -0400

Add support for hardware statistics counters (if they are enabled) in
the AXI Ethernet driver. Unfortunately, the implementation is
complicated a bit since the hardware might only support 32-bit counters.

Changes in v4:
- Reduce hw_last_counter to u32 to ensure we use (wrapping) 32-bit
  arithmetic.
- Implement get_ethtool_stats for nonstandard statistics
- Rebase onto net-next/main

Changes in v3:
- Use explicit mutex_lock/unlock instead of guard() in
  __axienet_device_reset to make it clear that we need to hold
  lp->stats_lock for the whole function.

Changes in v2:
- Switch to a seqlock-based implementation to allow fresher updates
  (rather than always using stale counter values from the previous
  refresh).
- Take stats_lock unconditionally in __axienet_device_reset
- Fix documentation mismatch

Sean Anderson (2):
  net: xilinx: axienet: Report RxRject as rx_dropped
  net: xilinx: axienet: Add statistics support

 drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_axienet.h  |  85 +++++
 .../net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_axienet_main.c | 327 +++++++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 408 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.35.1.1320.gc452695387.dirty