Subject: Re: [PATCH v1] driver:net:et131x:Remove NULL check of list_entry()

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 13:07:18 +0100

On Thu, Aug 22, 2024 at 11:05:35AM +0800, Yuesong Li wrote:
> list_entry() will never return a NULL pointer, thus remove the
> check.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Yuesong Li <[email-masked]>

Hi Yuesong Li,

Thanks for your patch.

Some minor points about process.

1. As a Networking patch, that is not a bug fix, it should
   be explicitly targeted at net-next.

   Subject: [PATCH net-next] ...

2. Looking at git history, it looks like 'et131x' would be an appropriate
   prefix for this patch.

   Subject: [PATCH net-next] et131x: ...

Please consider reading
https://docs.kernel.org/process/maintainer-netdev.html

And, please post a v2, addressing the above, and including Mark's tag,
after waiting 24h from the initial patch posting (as described in the link
above). Please do so as a new email thread.

FWIIW, the code change itself looks good to me.

...

-- 
pw-bot: changes-requested