Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] s390/iucv: Fix vargs handling in iucv_alloc_device()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2024 11:12:15 +0800

On Tue, Aug 20, 2024 at 10:45:28AM +0200, Alexandra Winter wrote:
> iucv_alloc_device() gets a format string and a varying number of
> arguments. This is incorrectly forwarded by calling dev_set_name() with
> the format string and a va_list, while dev_set_name() expects also a
> varying number of arguments.
> 
> Symptoms:
> Corrupted iucv device names, which can result in log messages like:
> sysfs: cannot create duplicate filename '/devices/iucv/hvc_iucv1827699952'
> 
> Fixes: 4452e8ef8c36 ("s390/iucv: Provide iucv_alloc_device() / iucv_release_device()")
> Link: https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1228425
> Signed-off-by: Alexandra Winter <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Thorsten Winkler <[email-masked]>
> ---

Hi,

This is the friendly patch-bot of Greg Kroah-Hartman.  You have sent him
a patch that has triggered this response.  He used to manually respond
to these common problems, but in order to save his sanity (he kept
writing the same thing over and over, yet to different people), I was
created.  Hopefully you will not take offence and will fix the problem
in your patch and resubmit it so that it can be accepted into the Linux
kernel tree.

You are receiving this message because of the following common error(s)
as indicated below:

- You have marked a patch with a "Fixes:" tag for a commit that is in an
  older released kernel, yet you do not have a cc: stable line in the
  signed-off-by area at all, which means that the patch will not be
  applied to any older kernel releases.  To properly fix this, please
  follow the documented rules in the
  Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst file for how to resolve
  this.

If you wish to discuss this problem further, or you have questions about
how to resolve this issue, please feel free to respond to this email and
Greg will reply once he has dug out from the pending patches received
from other developers.

thanks,

greg k-h's patch email bot