Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: thunderx: Remove unused declarations

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2024 09:12:14 +0100

On Sat, Aug 24, 2024 at 04:27:54PM +0800, Yue Haibing wrote:
> Commit 4863dea3fab0 ("net: Adding support for Cavium ThunderX network
> controller") declared nicvf_qset_reg_{write,read}() but never implemented.
> 
> Commit 4863dea3fab0 ("net: Adding support for Cavium ThunderX network
> controller") declared bgx_add_dmac_addr() but no implementation.
> 
> After commit 5fc7cf179449 ("net: thunderx: Cleanup PHY probing code.")
> octeon_mdiobus_force_mod_depencency() is not used any more.

Maybe not so important, but perhaps it is worth mentioning that the
implementation of octeon_mdiobus_force_mod_depencency was subsequently
removed from the tree in commit 791e5f61aec5 ("net: phy: mdio-octeon:
Cleanup module loading dependencies").

> Signed-off-by: Yue Haibing <[email-masked]>

I checked and all these symbols are indeed neither used nor implemented as
described above. And, my comment above notwithstanding, the cited commits
also look correct to me.

Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>