Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next RFC] selftests/net: integrate packetdrill with ksft

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2024 14:44:20 -0700

On Fri, 30 Aug 2024 14:47:43 -0400 Willem de Bruijn wrote:
> > We have directories in net/lib, and it's a target, and it works, no?  
> 
> net/lib is not a TARGET in tools/testing/selftests/Makefile. Its
> Makefile only generates dependencies for other targets: TEST_FILES,
> TEST_GEN_FILES and TEST_INCLUDES.

Oh right, TEST_FILES vs TEST_INCLUDES :(

Looks like only x86 does some weird stuff and prepends $(OUTPUT) to all
test names. Otherwise the only TEST_NAME with a / in it is

x86_64/nx_huge_pages_test.sh

But then again maybe we should give up on the idea of using directories?
Use some separator like --, I mean:

mv packetdrill/tcp/inq/client.pkt packetdrill/tcp--inq--client.pkt

Assuming we're moving forward with the interpreter idea we don't need
directories for multi-threading, just for organization. Which perhaps
isn't worth the time investment? Given that we'd mostly interact with
these tests via UI which will flatten it all back?