Subject: Re: [PATCH] xfrm: add SA information to the offloaded packet

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2024 20:39:34 +0300

On Wed, Aug 28, 2024 at 07:32:47AM +0200, Steffen Klassert wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2024 at 01:02:52PM -0700, Feng Wang wrote:
> > From: wangfe <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > In packet offload mode, append Security Association (SA) information
> > to each packet, replicating the crypto offload implementation.
> > The XFRM_XMIT flag is set to enable packet to be returned immediately
> > from the validate_xmit_xfrm function, thus aligning with the existing
> > code path for packet offload mode.
> > 
> > This SA info helps HW offload match packets to their correct security
> > policies. The XFRM interface ID is included, which is crucial in setups
> > with multiple XFRM interfaces where source/destination addresses alone
> > can't pinpoint the right policy.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: wangfe <[email-masked]>
> 
> Applied to ipsec-next, thanks Feng!

Steffen,

What is your position on this patch?
It is the same patch (logically) as the one that was rejected before?
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Thanks