Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next V2 5/5] net: lan743x: Add Support for 2.5G SFP with 2500Base-X Interface

From: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 22:01:38 +0200

On Wed, 11 Sep 2024 19:31:01 +0200
Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > @@ -3359,6 +3362,7 @@ static int lan743x_phylink_create(struct lan743x_adapter *adapter)
> >  	lan743x_phy_interface_select(adapter);
> >  
> >  	switch (adapter->phy_interface) {
> > +	case PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_2500BASEX:
> >  	case PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_SGMII:
> >  		__set_bit(PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_SGMII,
> >  			  adapter->phylink_config.supported_interfaces);  
> 
> I _think_ you also need to set the PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_2500BASEX bit in
> phylink_config.supported_interfaces if you actually support it.

It's actually being set a bit below. However that raises the
question of why.

On the variant that don't have this newly-introduced SFP support but do
have sgmii support (!is_sfp_support_en && is_sgmii_en), can this chip
actually support 2500BaseX ?

If so, is there a point in getting a different default interface
returned from lan743x_phy_interface_select() depending on wether or not
there's SFP support ?

Maxime