Subject: Re: [PATCH] octeontx2-af: Change block parameter to const pointer in get_lf_str_list

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 16:10:11 +0100

On Thu, Sep 19, 2024 at 02:49:36PM +0530, Riyan Dhiman wrote:
> Convert struct rvu_block block to const struct rvu_block *block in
> get_lf_str_list() function parameter. This improves efficiency by
> avoiding structure copying and reflects the function's read-only
> access to block.
> 
> Fixes: e77bcdd1f639 (octeontx2-af: Display all enabled PF VF rsrc_alloc entries.)
> Signed-off-by: Riyan Dhiman <[email-masked]>

Hi Riyan,

Thanks for your patch.

While I agree that this is a nice change I don't feel that it is
a fix, typically something that addresses a user-visible bug.

I suggest that the patch should be treated as an enhancement.
It should not have a Fixes tag. And it should be targeted at
net-next (as opposed to net, which is, in general, for fixes).

	Subject: [PATCH net-next] ...

Please note that net-next is currently closed for the v6.12 merge window.
It should reopen after v6.12-rc1 has been released, likely during
the week of the 30th September.

So please consider reposting your patch once net-next has reopened.

Link: https://docs.kernel.org/process/maintainer-netdev.html

-- 
pw-bot: defer