Subject: [ANN] netdev development stats for 6.12

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 19:01:25 +0200

Intro
-----

As is tradition here are the development statistics based on mailing
list traffic on netdev@vger. The posting is slightly delayed due to
LPC and netconf, sorry about that!

These stats are somewhat like LWN stats: https://lwn.net/Articles/956765/
but more focused on mailing list participation.

Previous stats (for 6.11): https://lore.kernel.org/[email-masked]

General stats
-------------

The 6.12 cycle was 1 day shorter than previous cycle (due to LPC). 
The mailing list traffic was slightly above average (269 msg/day),
returning to normal after a dip during the 6.11 cycle. netdev
maintainers applied 19 commits a day, which is fairly typical and
recovered from a slight decrease.

Number of patches applied with review tags increased to record 71%
(57.5% when we exclude folks working for the same company). Number of
patch sets applied without any comments on the list (across revisions)
remained at 30%.

Testing
-------

We merged a similar number of changes to selftests (106, up from 104).

Number of ignored (flaky) tests in our CI continues to drop:
 - 6.10: 20
 - 6.11: 14
 - 6.12:  8

The ranking of people who contributed most to selftests:

   1 [ 31] Matthieu Baerts
   2 [  9] Ido Schimmel
   3 [  8] Vladimir Oltean
   4 [  7] Dmitry Safonov
   5 [  6] Petr Machata
   6 [  6] Jakub Kicinski
   7 [  5] Willem de Bruijn
   8 [  4] Abhinav Jain
   9 [  3] Jason Xing
  10 [  3] Hangbin Liu

Matthieu contributed a lot to MPTCP selftests, including the ability 
to report test case execution time. Willem added first two batches of
packetdrill tests, and associated infra. Ido added tests for DSCP FIB
rule matching, Petr for 16b ECMP weights.

Developer rankings
------------------

Top reviewers (cs):                  Top reviewers (msg):                
   1 (   ) [31] Jakub Kicinski          1 (   ) [72] Jakub Kicinski      
   2 (   ) [30] Simon Horman            2 (   ) [54] Simon Horman        
   3 (   ) [16] Andrew Lunn             3 (   ) [46] Andrew Lunn         
   4 (   ) [ 9] Paolo Abeni             4 (   ) [19] Eric Dumazet        
   5 (   ) [ 9] Eric Dumazet            5 ( +2) [16] Willem de Bruijn    
   6 ( +1) [ 5] Krzysztof Kozlowski     6 ( -1) [12] Paolo Abeni         
   7 ( +5) [ 4] Willem de Bruijn        7 ( +1) [12] Krzysztof Kozlowski 
   8 ( +7) [ 4] Rob Herring             8 ( +7) [10] Jiri Pirko          
   9 ( +1) [ 4] Jacob Keller            9 (   ) [ 8] Michael S. Tsirkin  
  10 ( +9) [ 3] Greg KH                10 ( +2) [ 8] Jacob Keller        
  11 ( -5) [ 3] Przemek Kitszel        11 (+23) [ 8] Alexander Lobakin   
  12 ( +4) [ 3] Kuniyuki Iwashima      12 (***) [ 8] Guillaume Nault     
  13 (+45) [ 2] Florian Westphal       13 ( +7) [ 7] Greg KH             
  14 (+11) [ 2] Florian Fainelli       14 (***) [ 7] Mickaël Salaün      
  15 (+20) [ 2] Marc Kleine-Budde      15 ( -9) [ 7] Vladimir Oltean     

Big thanks to all the reviewers for their invaluable work!

Top authors (cs):                    Top authors (msg):                  
   1 (   ) [4] Jakub Kicinski           1 (+20) [26] Marc Kleine-Budde   
   2 (+34) [3] Simon Horman             2 (+11) [24] Tony Nguyen         
   3 (***) [3] Rosen Penev              3 ( +3) [17] Mina Almasry        
   4 (***) [2] Mina Almasry             4 (***) [16] Jijie Shao          
   5 ( -3) [2] Eric Dumazet             5 ( -3) [15] Jakub Kicinski      
   6 (+10) [2] Matthieu Baerts          6 (+33) [15] Matthieu Baerts     
   7 (***) [2] Jinjie Ruan              7 ( -2) [13] Yunsheng Lin        

Top scores (positive):               Top scores (negative):              
   1 ( +1) [462] Jakub Kicinski         1 (+13) [81] Tony Nguyen         
   2 ( -1) [428] Simon Horman           2 (+34) [71] Marc Kleine-Budde   
   3 (   ) [292] Andrew Lunn            3 (***) [62] Jijie Shao          
   4 ( +1) [131] Eric Dumazet           4 (   ) [56] Mina Almasry        
   5 ( -1) [ 83] Paolo Abeni            5 ( -2) [51] Yunsheng Lin        
   6 ( +1) [ 71] Krzysztof Kozlowski    6 ( +7) [50] Christian Hopps     
   7 ( +1) [ 69] Willem de Bruijn       7 (***) [41] Rosen Penev         
   8 ( +8) [ 57] Greg KH                8 (***) [41] Parthiban Veerasooran
   9 ( +2) [ 55] Rob Herring            9 (***) [38] Saeed Mahameed      
  10 (+14) [ 50] Jacob Keller          10 (***) [38] Jinjie Ruan         

Company rankings
----------------

Top reviewers (cs):                  Top reviewers (msg):                
   1 (   ) [45] RedHat                  1 (   ) [103] RedHat             
   2 (   ) [33] Meta                    2 (   ) [ 94] Meta               
   3 (   ) [16] Intel                   3 ( +2) [ 53] Google             
   4 (   ) [16] Andrew Lunn             4 (   ) [ 46] Andrew Lunn        
   5 (   ) [15] Google                  5 ( -2) [ 44] Intel              
   6 ( +1) [ 7] Linaro                  6 (   ) [ 23] nVidia             
   7 ( -1) [ 7] nVidia                  7 (   ) [ 18] Linaro             

Top authors (cs):                    Top authors (msg):                  
   1 (   ) [11] RedHat                  1 (   ) [69] Intel               
   2 (+13) [ 9] Huawei                  2 ( +5) [68] Huawei              
   3 ( +1) [ 8] Google                  3 ( -1) [53] RedHat              
   4 ( -1) [ 7] Meta                    4 ( -1) [43] nVidia              
   5 ( -3) [ 7] Intel                   5 (   ) [37] Meta                
   6 ( -1) [ 5] nVidia                  6 (+12) [32] Pengutronix         
   7 ( -1) [ 4] Linaro                  7 ( -3) [29] Google                

Top scores (positive):               Top scores (negative):              
   1 (   ) [523] RedHat                 1 ( +1) [250] Huawei             
   2 (   ) [457] Meta                   2 (+19) [ 66] Pengutronix        
   3 (   ) [292] Andrew Lunn            3 ( +7) [ 50] LabN               
   4 (   ) [184] Google                 4 (***) [ 41] Minerva Networks   
   5 (   ) [102] Linaro                 5 ( +7) [ 40] nVidia             
   6 ( +1) [ 68] Linux Foundation       6 (+26) [ 37] NGI0 Core          
   7 ( -1) [ 59] ARM                    7 (***) [ 36] Microchip          
-- 
Code: https://github.com/kuba-moo/ml-stat
Raw output: https://netdev.bots.linux.dev/static/nipa/stats-6.12/stdout