Subject: [GIT PULL v2] virtio: features, fixes, cleanups

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 07:09:49 -0400

Changes from v1:
	add a missing ack, removing an empty commit that I used to
	record it.  no code changes.

The following changes since commit 431c1646e1f86b949fa3685efc50b660a364c2b6:

  Linux 6.11-rc6 (2024-09-01 19:46:02 +1200)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git tags/for_linus

for you to fetch changes up to efcd71af38be403fa52223092f79ada446e121ba:

  vsock/virtio: avoid queuing packets when intermediate queue is empty (2024-09-25 07:07:44 -0400)

----------------------------------------------------------------
virtio: features, fixes, cleanups

Several new features here:

	virtio-balloon supports new stats

	vdpa supports setting mac address

	vdpa/mlx5 suspend/resume as well as MKEY ops are now faster

	virtio_fs supports new sysfs entries for queue info

	virtio/vsock performance has been improved

Fixes, cleanups all over the place.

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Cindy Lu (3):
      vdpa: support set mac address from vdpa tool
      vdpa_sim_net: Add the support of set mac address
      vdpa/mlx5: Add the support of set mac address

Dragos Tatulea (18):
      vdpa/mlx5: Fix invalid mr resource destroy
      net/mlx5: Support throttled commands from async API
      vdpa/mlx5: Introduce error logging function
      vdpa/mlx5: Introduce async fw command wrapper
      vdpa/mlx5: Use async API for vq query command
      vdpa/mlx5: Use async API for vq modify commands
      vdpa/mlx5: Parallelize device suspend
      vdpa/mlx5: Parallelize device resume
      vdpa/mlx5: Keep notifiers during suspend but ignore
      vdpa/mlx5: Small improvement for change_num_qps()
      vdpa/mlx5: Parallelize VQ suspend/resume for CVQ MQ command
      vdpa/mlx5: Create direct MKEYs in parallel
      vdpa/mlx5: Delete direct MKEYs in parallel
      vdpa/mlx5: Rename function
      vdpa/mlx5: Extract mr members in own resource struct
      vdpa/mlx5: Rename mr_mtx -> lock
      vdpa/mlx5: Introduce init/destroy for MR resources
      vdpa/mlx5: Postpone MR deletion

Hongbo Li (1):
      fw_cfg: Constify struct kobj_type

Jason Wang (1):
      vhost_vdpa: assign irq bypass producer token correctly

Luigi Leonardi (1):
      vsock/virtio: avoid queuing packets when intermediate queue is empty

Marco Pinna (1):
      vsock/virtio: refactor virtio_transport_send_pkt_work

Max Gurtovoy (2):
      virtio_fs: introduce virtio_fs_put_locked helper
      virtio_fs: add sysfs entries for queue information

Philip Chen (1):
      virtio_pmem: Check device status before requesting flush

Stefano Garzarella (1):
      MAINTAINERS: add virtio-vsock driver in the VIRTIO CORE section

Yue Haibing (1):
      vdpa: Remove unused declarations

Zhu Jun (1):
      tools/virtio:Fix the wrong format specifier

zhenwei pi (3):
      virtio_balloon: introduce oom-kill invocations
      virtio_balloon: introduce memory allocation stall counter
      virtio_balloon: introduce memory scan/reclaim info

 MAINTAINERS                                   |   1 +
 drivers/firmware/qemu_fw_cfg.c                |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/cmd.c |  21 +-
 drivers/nvdimm/nd_virtio.c                    |   9 +
 drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_base.h               |   3 -
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/core/mlx5_vdpa.h            |  47 ++-
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/core/mr.c                   | 291 +++++++++++++---
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/core/resources.c            |  76 +++-
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/mlx5_vnet.c             | 477 +++++++++++++++++---------
 drivers/vdpa/pds/cmds.h                       |   1 -
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa.c                           |  79 +++++
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa_sim/vdpa_sim_net.c          |  21 +-
 drivers/vhost/vdpa.c                          |  16 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_balloon.c               |  18 +
 fs/fuse/virtio_fs.c                           | 164 ++++++++-
 include/linux/vdpa.h                          |   9 +
 include/uapi/linux/vdpa.h                     |   1 +
 include/uapi/linux/virtio_balloon.h           |  16 +-
 net/vmw_vsock/virtio_transport.c              | 144 +++++---
 tools/virtio/ringtest/main.c                  |   2 +-
 20 files changed, 1098 insertions(+), 300 deletions(-)