Subject: [PATCH v3 net 0/6] rtnetlink: Handle error of rtnl_register_module().

From: Kuniyuki Iwashima <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 05:44:53 -0700

While converting phonet to per-netns RTNL, I found a weird comment

  /* Further rtnl_register_module() cannot fail */

that was true but no longer true after commit addf9b90de22 ("net:
rtnetlink: use rcu to free rtnl message handlers").

Many callers of rtnl_register_module() just ignore the returned
value but should handle that properly.

This series introduces two helpers, rtnl_register_many() and
rtnl_unregister_many(), to do that easily and fix such callers.

All rtnl_register() and rtnl_register_module() will be converted
to _many() variant and some rtnl_lock() will be saved in _many()
later in net-next.

Changes:
  v3
    * Move module *owner to struct rtnl_msg_handler
    * Make struct rtnl_msg_handler args/vars const
    * Update mctp goto labels

  v2: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
    * Remove __exit from mctp_neigh_exit().

  v1: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

Kuniyuki Iwashima (6):
  rtnetlink: Add bulk registration helpers for rtnetlink message
    handlers.
  vxlan: Handle error of rtnl_register_module().
  bridge: Handle error of rtnl_register_module().
  mctp: Handle error of rtnl_register_module().
  mpls: Handle error of rtnl_register_module().
  phonet: Handle error of rtnl_register_module().

 drivers/net/vxlan/vxlan_core.c      |  6 +++++-
 drivers/net/vxlan/vxlan_private.h   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/vxlan/vxlan_vnifilter.c | 19 ++++++++---------
 include/net/mctp.h                  |  2 +-
 include/net/rtnetlink.h             | 17 +++++++++++++++
 net/bridge/br_netlink.c             |  6 +++++-
 net/bridge/br_private.h             |  5 +++--
 net/bridge/br_vlan.c                | 19 ++++++++---------
 net/core/rtnetlink.c                | 29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 net/mctp/af_mctp.c                  |  6 +++++-
 net/mctp/device.c                   | 30 +++++++++++++++-----------
 net/mctp/neigh.c                    | 31 ++++++++++++++++-----------
 net/mctp/route.c                    | 33 ++++++++++++++++++++---------
 net/mpls/af_mpls.c                  | 32 ++++++++++++++++++----------
 net/phonet/pn_netlink.c             | 28 ++++++++++--------------
 15 files changed, 176 insertions(+), 89 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.2