Subject: [PATCH 0/1: 5.10/5.15] net: bridge: xmit: make sure we have at least eth header len bytes

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2024 11:07:44 -0400

From: Randy MacLeod <[email-masked]>

This is my first commit to -stable so I'm going to carefully explain what I've done.
I work on the Yocto Project and I have done some work on the Linux network
stack a long time ago so I'm not quite a complete newbie.

I took the commit found here:
   https://lore.kernel.org/stable/[email-masked]/

and backported as per my commit log:
   Based on above commit but simplified since pskb_may_pull_reason()
   does not exist until 6.1.

I also trimmed the original commit log of the "Tested by dropwatch" section
as well as the full stack trace since that may have changed in 5.10/5.15 and
It compiles fine for 5.10 and 5.15 but I have not tested with dropwatch since
the patch is just dropping short xmit packets for bridging.

Finally, since the patch is much simpler than the original, I've removed the
original patch author's SOB line.

Please let me know if any of this is not what y'all'd like to see.

Randy MacLeod (1):
  net: bridge: xmit: make sure we have at least eth header len bytes

 net/bridge/br_device.c | 5 +++++
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)

base-commit: 5a8fa04b2a4de1d52be4a04690dcb52ac7998943
-- 
2.34.1