Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] selftests: rtnetlink: add ipsec packet offload test

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2024 17:26:12 -0800

On Mon,  4 Nov 2024 15:33:15 -0800 Feng Wang wrote:
> From: wangfe <[email-masked]>
> 
> Duplicating kci_test_ipsec_offload to create a packet offload test.
> Using the netdevsim as a device for testing ipsec packet mode.
> Test the XFRM commands for setting up IPsec hardware packet offloads,
> especially configuring the XFRM interface ID.

CI appears to not be on board:

# 26.29 [+0.07] RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
# 26.36 [+0.07] FAIL: ipsec_packet_offload can't create SA

https://netdev-3.bots.linux.dev/vmksft-net/results/846081/25-rtnetlink-sh/stdout

Maybe you need to add more options to tools/testing/selftests/net/config

But stepping back - I think it may be time to move the crypto tunnel
tests based on netdevsim to
tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/netdevsim ? rtnetlink is our main
netlink family, likely half of all our tests could be called a
"rtnetlink test".
-- 
pw-bot: cr