Subject: Re: [PATCH net] net/smc: Fix lookup of netdev by using ib_device_get_netdev()

From: Halil Pasic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2024 12:56:43 +0100

On Wed, 6 Nov 2024 15:59:10 +0200
Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Does  fs/smb/server/transport_rdma.c qualify as inside of RDMA core code?  
> 
> RDMA core code is drivers/infiniband/core/*.

Understood. So this is a violation of the no direct access to the
callbacks rule.

> 
> > I would guess it is not, and I would not actually mind sending a patch
> > but I have trouble figuring out the logic behind  commit ecce70cf17d9
> > ("ksmbd: fix missing RDMA-capable flag for IPoIB device in
> > ksmbd_rdma_capable_netdev()").  
> 
> It is strange version of RDMA-CM. All other ULPs use RDMA-CM to avoid
> GID, netdev and fabric complexity.

I'm not familiar enough with either of the subsystems. Based on your
answer my guess is that it ain't outright bugous but still a layering 
violation. Copying [email-masked] so that 
the smb are aware.

Thank you very much for all the explanations!

Regards,
Halil