Subject: [PATCH v5 0/3] vsock/test: fix wrong setsockopt() parameters

From: Konstantin Shkolnyy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2024 19:17:23 -0600

Parameters were created using wrong C types, which caused them to be of
wrong size on some architectures, causing problems.

The problem with SO_RCVLOWAT was found on s390 (big endian), while x86-64
didn't show it. After the fix, all tests pass on s390.
Then Stefano Garzarella pointed out that SO_VM_SOCKETS_* calls might have
a similar problem, which turned out to be true, hence, the second patch.

Changes for v5:
- in the patch #2 replace the introduced uint64_t with unsigned long long
to match documentation
- add a patch #3 that verifies every setsockopt() call.
Changes for v4:
- add "Reviewed-by:" to the first patch, and add a second patch fixing
SO_VM_SOCKETS_* calls, which depends on the first one (hence, it's now
a patch series.)
Changes for v3:
- fix the same problem in vsock_perf and update commit message
Changes for v2:
- add "Fixes:" lines to the commit message

Konstantin Shkolnyy (3):
  vsock/test: fix failures due to wrong SO_RCVLOWAT parameter
  vsock/test: fix parameter types in SO_VM_SOCKETS_* calls
  vsock/test: verify socket options after setting them

 tools/testing/vsock/Makefile              |   8 +-
 tools/testing/vsock/control.c             |   8 +-
 tools/testing/vsock/msg_zerocopy_common.c |   8 +-
 tools/testing/vsock/util_socket.c         | 149 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 tools/testing/vsock/util_socket.h         |  19 +++
 tools/testing/vsock/vsock_perf.c          |  34 ++---
 tools/testing/vsock/vsock_test.c          |  64 +++++-----
 7 files changed, 231 insertions(+), 59 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/vsock/util_socket.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/vsock/util_socket.h

-- 
2.34.1