Subject: Re: [PATCH] netfilter: uapi: Fix file names for case-insensitive filesystem.

From: Florian Westphal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2024 17:56:06 +0100

[email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  rename net/ipv4/netfilter/{ipt_ECN.c => ipt_ECN_TARGET.c} (98%)
>  rename net/netfilter/{xt_DSCP.c => xt_DSCP_TARGET.c} (98%)
>  rename net/netfilter/{xt_HL.c => xt_HL_TARGET.c} (100%)
>  rename net/netfilter/{xt_RATEEST.c => xt_RATEEST_TARGET.c} (99%)
>  rename net/netfilter/{xt_TCPMSS.c => xt_TCPMSS_TARGET.c} (99%)

No, please, if we have to do this, then lets merge the targets
(uppercase name) into the match (lowercase), i.e. most of the contents
of xt_DSCP.c go into xt_dscp.c.

Same for tcpmss and others where applicable.

Renaming ip6t_ECN to ip6t_ECN_TARGET makes no sense to me,
there is no ip6t_ecn.c, so no collision exists for case-insensitive
file systems.

> --- a/include/uapi/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_ECN.h
> +++ b/include/uapi/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_ECN_TARGET.h
> @@ -11,7 +11,7 @@
>  #define _IPT_ECN_TARGET_H

I don't think this can be done, for any of these files, as this
is UAPI code.

Best you can do is follow what
include/uapi/linux/netfilter/xt_MARK.h does (did).