Subject: Re: [PATCH net v6] net: sched: cls_u32: Fix u32's systematic failure to free IDR entries for hnodes.

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2024 17:57:13 -0800

On Tue, 12 Nov 2024 12:07:10 -0500 Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2024 at 10:18 AM Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I'm used to merging the fix with the selftest, two minor reasons pro:
> >  - less burden on submitter
> >  - backporters can see and use the test to validate, immediately
> > con:
> >  - higher risk of conflicts, but that's my problem (we really need to
> >    alpha-sort the makefiles, sigh)  
> 
> Sounds sensible to me - would help to burn it into scripture.

How does this sound?

  Co-posting selftests
  --------------------

  Selftests should be part of the same series as the code changes.
  Specifically for fixes both code change and related test should go into
  the same tree (the tests may lack a Fixes tag, which is expected).
  Mixing code changes and test changes in a single commit is discouraged.