Subject: Re: [PATCH] USBNET: Fix ASIX USB Ethernet carrier problems.

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2024 19:24:04 -0800

On Wed, 27 Nov 2024 09:45:30 +0100 Krzysztof Hałasa wrote:
> To: netdev <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Oliver Neukum <[email-masked]>, Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>, "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>, Eric  Dumazet <[email-masked]>, Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>, Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],  [email-masked], Jose Ignacio Tornos Martinez <[email-masked]>, Ming Lei <[email-masked]>

Please add to the CC list some folks who worked on phylib and phylink
support for this driver. They will be best reviewers.

> Subject: [PATCH] USBNET: Fix ASIX USB Ethernet carrier problems.

No need to spell out USBNET in all caps. I'd rename the subject to:
  usbnet: asix: leave the carrier control to phylink

If we say it's a 'fix' we should really point at the commit which broke
things with a Fixes: tag. If your device never worked it's better to act
as if it was "support for a new device". Otherwise various semi-
-automated backport bots will suck this change in, and given the general
dependability of ASIX devices... seems risky..

> Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2024 09:45:30 +0100
> Sender: [email-masked]
> 
> Hi,

No need to say "Hi" in the commit message :)
-- 
pw-bot: cr