Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: dsa: microchip: KSZ9896 register regmap alignment to 32 bit boundaries

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2024 17:24:35 -0800

On Fri, 6 Dec 2024 23:12:56 +0100 Jesse Van Gavere wrote:
> A quick ping on this, how do I best proceed here?
> Do I keep the original commit and take in account the feedback for the
> commit message or should I e.g. like Tristram recommended just modify
> it to 2 regmap reg ranges for these PHY registers?

I don't have enough practical regmap experience to understand Tristram
suggestion, TBH. Is he saying to collapse multiple ranges into one by
extending it to register that are currently not used? Or to somehow
ignore high bits? Rhetorical question, see below..

> In that case I might just as well modify this commit to make this
> modification for all the existing regmap reg range arrays defined.
> (There's probably also something to say about enforcing these ranges
> across more chips but that's a bit outside the scope of what I'm
> trying to do here)

Whatever makes the changes easier to review. If the combined commit is
small (per stable rules) and easy to review follow the feedback. If
it's easier to review the fix and then cleanup separately - separate.