Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net_sched: sch_cake: Add drop reasons

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2024 15:51:57 -0800

On Mon, 09 Dec 2024 13:02:18 +0100 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> Add three qdisc-specific drop reasons for sch_cake:
> 
>  1) SKB_DROP_REASON_CAKE_CONGESTED
>     Whenever a packet is dropped by the CAKE AQM algorithm because
>     congestion is detected.
> 
>  2) SKB_DROP_REASON_CAKE_FLOOD
>     Whenever a packet is dropped by the flood protection part of the
>     CAKE AQM algorithm (BLUE).
> 
>  3) SKB_DROP_REASON_CAKE_OVERLIMIT
>     Whenever the total queue limit for a CAKE instance is exceeded and a
>     packet is dropped to make room.

Eric's patch was adding fairly FQ-specific reasons, other than flood
this seems like generic AQM stuff, no? From a very quick look the
congestion looks like fairly standard AQM, overlimit is also typical
for qdics?