Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v6 9/9] netdevsim: add HDS feature

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 07:28:58 -0800

On Fri, 20 Dec 2024 00:19:38 +0900 Taehee Yoo wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Dec 2024 23:37:45 +0900 Taehee Yoo wrote:  
> > > The example would be very helpful to me.  
> >
> > Just to make sure nothing gets lost in translation, are you saying that:
> >  - the examples of tests I listed are useful; or
> >  - you'd appreciate examples of how to code up HDS in netdevsim; or
> >  - you'd appreciate more suitable examples of the tests?
> >
> > :)  
> 
> Ah, I appreciate example of tests you listed are useful, Thanks!

Okay :) 

FWIW I don't expect that you'd do anything too complicated to support
HDS in netdevsim. The packets generated by the networking stack are
"split", already. What I was thinking is basically check if HDS is
enabled, compare skb->len to threshold, and if we shouldn't HDS call
skb_linearize().