Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 0/8] Introduce unified and structured PHY

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 19:54:23 -0800

On Thu, 19 Dec 2024 14:25:26 +0100 Oleksij Rempel wrote:
> This patch set introduces a unified and well-structured interface for
> reporting PHY statistics. Instead of relying on arbitrary strings in PHY
> drivers, this interface provides a consistent and structured way to
> expose PHY statistics to userspace via ethtool.
> 
> The initial groundwork for this effort was laid by Jakub Kicinski, who
> contributed patches to plumb PHY statistics to drivers and added support
> for structured statistics in ethtool. Building on Jakub's work, I tested
> the implementation with several PHYs, addressed a few issues, and added
> support for statistics in two specific PHY drivers.
> 
> changes are tracked in separate patches.

At a glance looks like it doesn't pass allmodconfig build:

ld: vmlinux.o: in function `linkstate_prepare_data':
linkstate.c:(.text+0x21192f1): undefined reference to `phy_ethtool_get_link_ext_stats'
ld: vmlinux.o: in function `stats_prepare_data':
stats.c:(.text+0x212a66f): undefined reference to `phy_ethtool_get_phy_stats'

There are also kdoc warnings in patch 2.
-- 
pw-bot: cr