Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] netlink: add IPv6 anycast join/leave notifications

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2024 10:23:41 -0800

On Sun, 22 Dec 2024 10:00:43 +0900 Yuyang Huang wrote:
> This change introduces a mechanism for notifying userspace
> applications about changes to IPv6 anycast addresses via netlink. It
> includes:
> 
> * Addition and deletion of IPv6 anycast addresses are reported using
>   RTM_NEWANYCAST and RTM_DELANYCAST.
> * A new netlink group (RTNLGRP_IPV6_ACADDR) for subscribing to these
>   notifications.
> 
> This enables user space applications(e.g. ip monitor) to efficiently
> track anycast addresses through netlink messages, improving metrics
> collection and system monitoring. It also unlocks the potential for
> advanced anycast management in user space, such as hardware offload
> control and fine grained network control.

## Form letter - winter-break

Networking development is suspended for winter holidays, until Jan 2nd.
We are currently accepting bug fixes only, see the announcements at:

https://lore.kernel.org/[email-masked]
https://lore.kernel.org/[email-masked]

RFC patches sent for review only are welcome at any time.
-- 
pw-bot: defer
pv-bot: closed