Subject: Re: [PATCH net v4 6/7] usbnet: ipheth: fix DPE OoB read

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2025 08:46:13 +0100

On Sun, Jan 05, 2025 at 02:01:20AM +0100, Foster Snowhill wrote:
> Fix an out-of-bounds DPE read, limit the number of processed DPEs to
> the amount that fits into the fixed-size NDP16 header.
> 
> Fixes: a2d274c62e44 ("usbnet: ipheth: add CDC NCM support")
> Signed-off-by: Foster Snowhill <[email-masked]>
> ---
> v4:
>     Split from "usbnet: ipheth: refactor NCM datagram loop, fix DPE OoB
>     read" in v3. This commit is responsible for addressing the potential
>     OoB read.
> v3: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
>     Split out from a monolithic patch in v2 as an atomic change.
> v2: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
>     No code changes. Update commit message to further clarify that
>     `ipheth` is not and does not aim to be a complete or spec-compliant
>     CDC NCM implementation.
> v1: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
> ---
>  drivers/net/usb/ipheth.c | 4 +---
>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 3 deletions(-)

Hi,

This is the friendly patch-bot of Greg Kroah-Hartman.  You have sent him
a patch that has triggered this response.  He used to manually respond
to these common problems, but in order to save his sanity (he kept
writing the same thing over and over, yet to different people), I was
created.  Hopefully you will not take offence and will fix the problem
in your patch and resubmit it so that it can be accepted into the Linux
kernel tree.

You are receiving this message because of the following common error(s)
as indicated below:

- You have marked a patch with a "Fixes:" tag for a commit that is in an
  older released kernel, yet you do not have a cc: stable line in the
  signed-off-by area at all, which means that the patch will not be
  applied to any older kernel releases.  To properly fix this, please
  follow the documented rules in the
  Documentation/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst file for how to resolve
  this.

If you wish to discuss this problem further, or you have questions about
how to resolve this issue, please feel free to respond to this email and
Greg will reply once he has dug out from the pending patches received
from other developers.

thanks,

greg k-h's patch email bot