Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/3] tools: ynl: decode link types present in tests

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2025 18:28:17 -0800

Using a kernel built for the net selftest target to run drivers/net
tests currently fails, because the net kernel automatically spawns
a handful of tunnel devices which YNL can't decode.

Fill in those missing link types in rt_link. We need to extend subset
support a bit for it to work.

v2:
 - adjust C code gen in patch 1, it dependend on reusing attr objects
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/[email-masked]

Jakub Kicinski (3):
  tools: ynl: correctly handle overrides of fields in subset
  tools: ynl: print some information about attribute we can't parse
  netlink: specs: rt_link: decode ip6tnl, vti and vti6 link attrs

 Documentation/netlink/specs/rt_link.yaml | 87 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 tools/net/ynl/lib/nlspec.py              |  5 +-
 tools/net/ynl/lib/ynl.py                 | 72 +++++++++++---------
 tools/net/ynl/ynl-gen-c.py               | 26 +++++--
 4 files changed, 151 insertions(+), 39 deletions(-)

-- 
2.47.1