Subject: Re: [TEST] mptcp-connect

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2025 11:44:06 -0800

On Mon, 13 Jan 2025 17:08:02 +0100 Matthieu Baerts wrote:
> It was not easy to reproduce it, but Paolo managed to find a fix for it [1]!
> 
> Out of curiosity, is the netdev CI not too overloaded? To reproduce this
> issue on my side, the host had to be quite busy: not dying with
> stress-ng using all resources, but still competing with many other
> processes, e.g. a kernel compilation running in parallel. I'm not
> complaining here, because this situation helped finding this important
> issue, but just curious about what to expect, especially for more
> "sensitive" tests :)

The tests my overlap with other workers still building their kernel.
ccache is enabled.

> On the MPTCP CI, some unessarry KConfig are disabled and ccache is used
> to reduce the build time. Also, RETPOLINE is disabled (+ vng --append
> mitigations=off) to save some CPU cycles during the tests.

Could help. Let's put it on the list of things to do once we migrate
the CI to a public set of hosts :)