Subject: [GIT PULL] virtio: features, fixes, cleanups

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2025 09:51:38 -0500

There are still some known issues that I hope to address by rc2.
Giving them more time to get tested for now - none of them are
regressions.

The following changes since commit 9d89551994a430b50c4fffcb1e617a057fa76e20:

  Linux 6.13-rc6 (2025-01-05 14:13:40 -0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git tags/for_linus

for you to fetch changes up to 5820a3b08987951e3e4a89fca8ab6e1448f672e1:

  virtio_blk: Add support for transport error recovery (2025-01-27 09:39:26 -0500)

----------------------------------------------------------------
virtio: features, fixes, cleanups

A small number of improvements all over the place:

vdpa/octeon gained support for multiple interrupts
virtio-pci gained support for error recovery
vp_vdpa gained support for notification with data
vhost/net has been fixed to set num_buffers for spec compliance
virtio-mem now works with kdump on s390

Small cleanups all over the place.

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Akihiko Odaki (1):
      vhost/net: Set num_buffers for virtio 1.0

David Hildenbrand (12):
      fs/proc/vmcore: convert vmcore_cb_lock into vmcore_mutex
      fs/proc/vmcore: replace vmcoredd_mutex by vmcore_mutex
      fs/proc/vmcore: disallow vmcore modifications while the vmcore is open
      fs/proc/vmcore: prefix all pr_* with "vmcore:"
      fs/proc/vmcore: move vmcore definitions out of kcore.h
      fs/proc/vmcore: factor out allocating a vmcore range and adding it to a list
      fs/proc/vmcore: factor out freeing a list of vmcore ranges
      fs/proc/vmcore: introduce PROC_VMCORE_DEVICE_RAM to detect device RAM ranges in 2nd kernel
      virtio-mem: mark device ready before registering callbacks in kdump mode
      virtio-mem: remember usable region size
      virtio-mem: support CONFIG_PROC_VMCORE_DEVICE_RAM
      s390/kdump: virtio-mem kdump support (CONFIG_PROC_VMCORE_DEVICE_RAM)

Israel Rukshin (2):
      virtio_pci: Add support for PCIe Function Level Reset
      virtio_blk: Add support for transport error recovery

Philipp Stanner (1):
      vdpa: solidrun: Replace deprecated PCI functions

Satha Rao (1):
      vdpa/octeon_ep: handle device config change events

Shijith Thotton (3):
      vdpa/octeon_ep: enable support for multiple interrupts per device
      virtio-pci: define type and header for PCI vendor data
      vdpa/octeon_ep: read vendor-specific PCI capability

Yongji Xie (1):
      vduse: relicense under GPL-2.0 OR BSD-3-Clause

Yuxue Liu (1):
      vdpa/vp_vdpa: implement kick_vq_with_data callback

zhang jiao (1):
      virtio_balloon: Use outer variable 'page'

 arch/s390/Kconfig                        |   1 +
 arch/s390/kernel/crash_dump.c            |  39 ++++-
 drivers/block/virtio_blk.c               |  28 ++-
 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/octep_vdpa.h      |  32 +++-
 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/octep_vdpa_hw.c   |  38 ++++-
 drivers/vdpa/octeon_ep/octep_vdpa_main.c |  99 +++++++----
 drivers/vdpa/solidrun/snet_main.c        |  57 +++----
 drivers/vdpa/virtio_pci/vp_vdpa.c        |   9 +
 drivers/vhost/net.c                      |   5 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio.c                  |  94 +++++++---
 drivers/virtio/virtio_balloon.c          |   2 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c              | 103 ++++++++++-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_common.c       |  41 +++++
 fs/proc/Kconfig                          |  19 +++
 fs/proc/vmcore.c                         | 283 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 include/linux/crash_dump.h               |  41 +++++
 include/linux/kcore.h                    |  13 --
 include/linux/virtio.h                   |   8 +
 include/uapi/linux/vduse.h               |   2 +-
 include/uapi/linux/virtio_pci.h          |  14 ++
 20 files changed, 735 insertions(+), 193 deletions(-)