Subject: Re: [PATCH net 1/3] MAINTAINERS: Add myself as maintainer for socket timestamping and expand file list

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2025 16:39:16 -0800

On Tue, 28 Jan 2025 16:35:46 +0100 Kory Maincent wrote:
> Add myself as maintainer for socket timestamping. I have contributed
> modifications to the timestamping core to support selection between
> multiple PTP instances within a network topology.
> 
> Expand the file list to include timestamping ethtool support.

Hi Kory, is there more context you could provide for this change?

For core pieces of the stack, with a long history, we tend to
designate as maintainer folks who review the changes, not just
write code. According to our development stats that doesn't
describe you, just yet:

Top reviewer score:

6.12: Negative # 5 ( +6) [ 50] Kory Maincent (Dent Project)
6.13: Negative #11 (***) [ 29] Kory Maincent (Dent Project)

https://lore.kernel.org/[email-masked]
https://lore.kernel.org/[email-masked]
https://lore.kernel.org/[email-masked]

That said, I do feel like we're lacking maintainers for sections 
of the ethtool code. Maybe we could start with adding and entry 
for you for just:

> +F:	net/ethtool/tsconfig.c
> +F:	net/ethtool/tsinfo.c

Does that sound fair?