Subject: [PATCH 0/4] net: fix bugs and error handling in qinheng ch9200 driver and mii interface

From: Qasim Ijaz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2025 11:21:52 +0000

This patch series aims to fix various issues throughout the QinHeng CH9200
driver. This driver fails to handle failures throughout, which in one
case has lead to a uninit access bug found via syzbot. Upon reviewing
the driver I fixed a few more issues which I have included in this patch
series.

Parts of this series are the product of discussions and suggestions I had
from others like Andrew Lunn and Simon Horman, you can view those
discussions below:

Link: <https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/>
Link: <https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/>

Qasim Ijaz (4):
  fix uninitialised access in mii_nway_restart()
  remove extraneous return in control_write() to propagate failures
  improve error handling in get_mac_address()
  add error handling in ch9200_bind()

 drivers/net/mii.c        |  2 ++
 drivers/net/usb/ch9200.c | 59 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 2 files changed, 41 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.5