Subject: Re: [PATCH net] amd-xgbe: Convert to SPDX identifier

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2025 17:30:51 +0100

On Mon, Apr 07, 2025 at 03:59:13PM +0530, Raju Rangoju wrote:
> Use SPDX-License-Identifier accross all the files of the xgbe driver to
> ensure compliance with Linux kernel standards, thus removing the
> boiler-plate template license text.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Raju Rangoju <[email-masked]>
> Acked-by: Shyam Sundar S K <[email-masked]>

I note that this patch changes both the licences and copyright information,
and not just the representation of that information, for the files it
updates. And that the patch is from and reviewed by people at AMD. So I
assume those changes are intentional.

Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>

> ---
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-common.h   | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-dcb.c      | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-debugfs.c  | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-desc.c     | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-dev.c      | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-drv.c      | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-ethtool.c  | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-i2c.c      | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-main.c     | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-mdio.c     | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-pci.c      | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-phy-v1.c   | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-phy-v2.c   | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-platform.c | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-ptp.c      | 117 +-----------------
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe.h          | 117 +-----------------
>  16 files changed, 64 insertions(+), 1808 deletions(-)

...