Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2 0/2] selftests: mptcp: connect: cover alt modes

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2025 08:36:32 -0700

On Wed, 16 Jul 2025 16:55:21 +0200 Matthieu Baerts wrote:
> >> Looks like the failures that Paolo flagged yesterday:
> >>
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
> >>
> >> are back as soon as this hit NIPA :(
> >>
> >> https://netdev.bots.linux.dev/contest.html?branch=net-next-2025-07-16--00-00&executor=vmksft-mptcp&pw-n=0&pass=0
> >>
> >> No idea why TBH, the tests run sequentially and connect.sh run before
> >> any of the new ones.  
> 
> And just to be sure, no CPU or IO overload at that moment? I didn't see
> such errors reported by our CI, but I can try to reproduce them locally
> in different conditions.

None that I can see. The test run ~10min after all the builds completed,
and we wait now for the CPU load to die down and writeback to finish
before we kick off VMs. The VMs for various tests are running at that
point, the CPU util averaged across cores is 66%.