Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v4 4/4] net: geneve: enable binding geneve sockets to local addresses

From: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2025 17:00:17 +0800

Hi Richard,

kernel test robot noticed the following build errors:

[auto build test ERROR on net-next/main]

url:    https://github.com/intel-lab-lkp/linux/commits/Richard-Gobert/net-udp-add-freebind-option-to-udp_sock_create/20250717-200233
base:   net-next/main
patch link:    https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250717115412.11424-5-richardbgobert%40gmail.com
patch subject: [PATCH net-next v4 4/4] net: geneve: enable binding geneve sockets to local addresses
config: arm-randconfig-001-20250718 (https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20250718/[email-masked]/config)
compiler: arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc (GCC) 8.5.0
reproduce (this is a W=1 build): (https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20250718/[email-masked]/reproduce)

If you fix the issue in a separate patch/commit (i.e. not just a new version of
the same patch/commit), kindly add following tags
| Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
| Closes: https://lore.kernel.org/oe-kbuild-all/[email-masked]/

All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

   In file included from include/net/ipv6_stubs.h:11,
                    from drivers/net/geneve.c:15:
   drivers/net/geneve.c: In function 'geneve_find_sock':
>> include/net/sock.h:385:37: error: 'struct sock_common' has no member named 'skc_v6_rcv_saddr'; did you mean 'skc_rcv_saddr'?
    #define sk_v6_rcv_saddr __sk_common.skc_v6_rcv_saddr
                                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/geneve.c:685:31: note: in expansion of macro 'sk_v6_rcv_saddr'
      else if (ipv6_addr_cmp(&sk->sk_v6_rcv_saddr,
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--
   In file included from include/net/ipv6_stubs.h:11,
                    from geneve.c:15:
   geneve.c: In function 'geneve_find_sock':
>> include/net/sock.h:385:37: error: 'struct sock_common' has no member named 'skc_v6_rcv_saddr'; did you mean 'skc_rcv_saddr'?
    #define sk_v6_rcv_saddr __sk_common.skc_v6_rcv_saddr
                                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   geneve.c:685:31: note: in expansion of macro 'sk_v6_rcv_saddr'
      else if (ipv6_addr_cmp(&sk->sk_v6_rcv_saddr,
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vim +385 include/net/sock.h

4dc6dc7162c08b Eric Dumazet             2009-07-15  364  
68835aba4d9b74 Eric Dumazet             2010-11-30  365  #define sk_dontcopy_begin	__sk_common.skc_dontcopy_begin
68835aba4d9b74 Eric Dumazet             2010-11-30  366  #define sk_dontcopy_end		__sk_common.skc_dontcopy_end
4dc6dc7162c08b Eric Dumazet             2009-07-15  367  #define sk_hash			__sk_common.skc_hash
5080546682bae3 Eric Dumazet             2013-10-02  368  #define sk_portpair		__sk_common.skc_portpair
05dbc7b59481ca Eric Dumazet             2013-10-03  369  #define sk_num			__sk_common.skc_num
05dbc7b59481ca Eric Dumazet             2013-10-03  370  #define sk_dport		__sk_common.skc_dport
5080546682bae3 Eric Dumazet             2013-10-02  371  #define sk_addrpair		__sk_common.skc_addrpair
5080546682bae3 Eric Dumazet             2013-10-02  372  #define sk_daddr		__sk_common.skc_daddr
5080546682bae3 Eric Dumazet             2013-10-02  373  #define sk_rcv_saddr		__sk_common.skc_rcv_saddr
^1da177e4c3f41 Linus Torvalds           2005-04-16  374  #define sk_family		__sk_common.skc_family
^1da177e4c3f41 Linus Torvalds           2005-04-16  375  #define sk_state		__sk_common.skc_state
^1da177e4c3f41 Linus Torvalds           2005-04-16  376  #define sk_reuse		__sk_common.skc_reuse
055dc21a1d1d21 Tom Herbert              2013-01-22  377  #define sk_reuseport		__sk_common.skc_reuseport
9fe516ba3fb29b Eric Dumazet             2014-06-27  378  #define sk_ipv6only		__sk_common.skc_ipv6only
26abe14379f8e2 Eric W. Biederman        2015-05-08  379  #define sk_net_refcnt		__sk_common.skc_net_refcnt
^1da177e4c3f41 Linus Torvalds           2005-04-16  380  #define sk_bound_dev_if		__sk_common.skc_bound_dev_if
^1da177e4c3f41 Linus Torvalds           2005-04-16  381  #define sk_bind_node		__sk_common.skc_bind_node
8feaf0c0a5488b Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo 2005-08-09  382  #define sk_prot			__sk_common.skc_prot
07feaebfcc10cd Eric W. Biederman        2007-09-12  383  #define sk_net			__sk_common.skc_net
efe4208f47f907 Eric Dumazet             2013-10-03  384  #define sk_v6_daddr		__sk_common.skc_v6_daddr
efe4208f47f907 Eric Dumazet             2013-10-03 @385  #define sk_v6_rcv_saddr	__sk_common.skc_v6_rcv_saddr
33cf7c90fe2f97 Eric Dumazet             2015-03-11  386  #define sk_cookie		__sk_common.skc_cookie
70da268b569d32 Eric Dumazet             2015-10-08  387  #define sk_incoming_cpu		__sk_common.skc_incoming_cpu
8e5eb54d303b7c Eric Dumazet             2015-10-08  388  #define sk_flags		__sk_common.skc_flags
ed53d0ab761f5c Eric Dumazet             2015-10-08  389  #define sk_rxhash		__sk_common.skc_rxhash
efe4208f47f907 Eric Dumazet             2013-10-03  390  
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  391  	__cacheline_group_begin(sock_write_rx);
43f51df4172955 Eric Dumazet             2021-11-15  392  
9115e8cd2a0c6e Eric Dumazet             2016-12-03  393  	atomic_t		sk_drops;
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  394  	__s32			sk_peek_off;
9115e8cd2a0c6e Eric Dumazet             2016-12-03  395  	struct sk_buff_head	sk_error_queue;
b178bb3dfc30d9 Eric Dumazet             2010-11-16  396  	struct sk_buff_head	sk_receive_queue;
fa438ccfdfd3f6 Eric Dumazet             2007-03-04  397  	/*
fa438ccfdfd3f6 Eric Dumazet             2007-03-04  398  	 * The backlog queue is special, it is always used with
fa438ccfdfd3f6 Eric Dumazet             2007-03-04  399  	 * the per-socket spinlock held and requires low latency
fa438ccfdfd3f6 Eric Dumazet             2007-03-04  400  	 * access. Therefore we special case it's implementation.
b178bb3dfc30d9 Eric Dumazet             2010-11-16  401  	 * Note : rmem_alloc is in this structure to fill a hole
b178bb3dfc30d9 Eric Dumazet             2010-11-16  402  	 * on 64bit arches, not because its logically part of
b178bb3dfc30d9 Eric Dumazet             2010-11-16  403  	 * backlog.
fa438ccfdfd3f6 Eric Dumazet             2007-03-04  404  	 */
fa438ccfdfd3f6 Eric Dumazet             2007-03-04  405  	struct {
b178bb3dfc30d9 Eric Dumazet             2010-11-16  406  		atomic_t	rmem_alloc;
b178bb3dfc30d9 Eric Dumazet             2010-11-16  407  		int		len;
fa438ccfdfd3f6 Eric Dumazet             2007-03-04  408  		struct sk_buff	*head;
fa438ccfdfd3f6 Eric Dumazet             2007-03-04  409  		struct sk_buff	*tail;
fa438ccfdfd3f6 Eric Dumazet             2007-03-04  410  	} sk_backlog;
b178bb3dfc30d9 Eric Dumazet             2010-11-16  411  #define sk_rmem_alloc sk_backlog.rmem_alloc
2c8c56e15df3d4 Eric Dumazet             2014-11-11  412  
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  413  	__cacheline_group_end(sock_write_rx);
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  414  
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  415  	__cacheline_group_begin(sock_read_rx);
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  416  	/* early demux fields */
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  417  	struct dst_entry __rcu	*sk_rx_dst;
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  418  	int			sk_rx_dst_ifindex;
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  419  	u32			sk_rx_dst_cookie;
5d4cc87414c5d1 Eric Dumazet             2024-02-16  420  

-- 
0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service
https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki