Subject: [PATCH net-next V6 0/5] selftests: drv-net: Test XDP native support

From: Mohsin Bashir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2025 01:30:54 -0700

This patch series add tests to validate XDP native support for PASS,
DROP, ABORT, and TX actions, as well as headroom and tailroom adjustment.
For adjustment tests, validate support for both the extension and
shrinking cases across various packet sizes and offset values.

The pass criteria for head/tail adjustment tests require that at-least
one adjustment value works for at-least one packet size. This ensure
that the variability in maximum supported head/tail adjustment offset
across different drivers is being incorporated.

The results reported in this series are based on netdevsim. However, the
series is tested against multiple other drivers including fbnic.

Note: The XDP support for fbnic will be added later.
---
Change-log:
- Force checksum computation in netdevsim xdp hook
- Update checksum when updating packet for head/tail adjustment cases
- Use 1 as the minimum value for the data growth while adjusting tail

V5: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]
V4: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]
V3: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]
V2: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]
V1: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]

Jakub Kicinski (1):
  net: netdevsim: hook in XDP handling

Mohsin Bashir (4):
  selftests: drv-net: Test XDP_PASS/DROP support
  selftests: drv-net: Test XDP_TX support
  selftests: drv-net: Test tail-adjustment support
  selftests: drv-net: Test head-adjustment support

 drivers/net/netdevsim/netdev.c                |  21 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/Makefile  |   1 +
 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/xdp.py    | 656 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../selftests/net/lib/xdp_native.bpf.c        | 621 +++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 1298 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/xdp.py
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/lib/xdp_native.bpf.c

-- 
2.47.1