Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 net-next 0/6] net: enetc: Add i.MX94 ENETC support

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2025 17:19:00 -0700

On Wed, 29 Oct 2025 00:13:14 +0000 Wei Fang wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Oct 2025 09:44:57 +0800 Wei Fang wrote:  
> > > i.MX94 NETC has two kinds of ENETCs, one is the same as i.MX95, which
> > > can be used as a standalone network port. The other one is an internal
> > > ENETC, it connects to the CPU port of NETC switch through the pseudo
> > > MAC. Also, i.MX94 have multiple PTP Timers, which is different from
> > > i.MX95. Any PTP Timer can be bound to a specified standalone ENETC by
> > > the IERB ETBCR registers. Currently, this patch only add ENETC support
> > > and Timer support for i.MX94. The switch will be added by a separate
> > > patch set.  
> > 
> > Is there a reason to add the imx94 code after imx95?  
> 
> Actually, i.MX94 is the latest i.MX SoC, which is tapped out after
> i.MX95 (about 1 year).

I see, so there is some logic behind it.

I'm not sure this will still be clear 10 years from now to the people
who come after us. 1 year is not a long time. But up to you..