Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] net: dsa: tag_brcm: legacy: fix untagged rx on unbridged ports for bcm63xx

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2025 18:12:16 -0700

On Tue, 28 Oct 2025 11:15:23 +0100 Jonas Gorski wrote:
> > Reviewed-by: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
> >
> > Sorry for dropping the ball on v1. To reply to your reply there,
> > https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/CAOiHx=mNnMJTnAN35D6=[email-masked]/
> > I hadn't realized that b53 sets ds->untag_bridge_pvid conditionally,
> > which makes any consolidation work in stable trees very complicated
> > (although still desirable in net-next).  
> 
> It's for some more obscure cases where we cannot use the Broadcom tag,
> like a switch where the CPU port isn't a management port but a normal
> port. I am not sure this really exists, but maybe Florian knows if
> there are any (still used) boards where this applies.
> 
> If not, I am more than happy to reject this path as -EINVAL instead of
> the current TAG_NONE with untag_bridge_pvid = true.

IIUC Vladimir is okay with the patch but I realized now that Florian 
is not even CCed here, and ack would be good. Adding him now. And we
should probably add a MAINTAINERS entry for tag_brcm to avoid this in
the future?